Like all components of your home’s exterior, your roofing system takes a beating on a regular basis. And, even if you have a high-quality roofing system installed on your home, your roof will likely become worn or damaged eventually. When this happens, damage can occur—not only to your roof, but also to your foundation, ceiling, and other parts of your home. This damage will certainly get worse if left undetected or ignored, which is why it’s so important to have minor roof damage resolved promptly.
Of course, in order to have your roof damage repaired in a timely manner, you’ll need to be able to recognize the damage in the first place. To help you be vigilant, let’s go over 5 red flags to watch out for that indicate your roof needs to be repaired.
5 Signs Your Roof Needs a Repair
Here are the top 5 signs to watch out for that could indicate your roof is damaged and needs to be repaired:
- Sagging – If your roof is sagging, that’s a major red flag that you need to contact a roofing contractor as soon as possible. Excess loads or water damage could cause your roof to sag, indicating damage to your roof’s structure.
- Water leaks – Any time you have water coming into your home, you’ll want to consult a roofing expert to identify where the water is coming from and remedy the issue before extensive water damage occurs.
- Damaged shingles – Cracked, curled, dented, or missing shingles should be replaced as soon as possible. Ignoring these signs of roof damage can lead to more extensive, costly repairs down the line.
- Mold or mildew growth – Mold or mildew growth on your roof is a sign that your roof is rotting, and these issues can spread to affect large portions of your roof if left untreated.
- Visible exterior light – If you notice light coming into your home from your roof, your roof needs to be repaired. The light comes in through holes, cracks, or gaps in your roofing system, and these should be repaired promptly to prevent further damage.
Where to Turn for Roof Repair Services
If you’re noticing one or more of these signs that your roof is in need of repair, the only name you need to know is ALL-TIMATE ROOFING. We are proud to be one of the most trusted and experienced roofing contractors in the region, and we have earned a sparkling reputation and a long list of satisfied customers to show for our success. No matter the kind of residential roofing services you need, you can count on our roofing company to provide expert craftsmanship, dependable customer service, and transparent communication throughout every step of the process.
If you’d like to speak with an expert on our team about our roof repair services and what we can do for your home, contact us today. When you do, make sure to ask about the convenient financing options we offer to qualified homeowners to make your roof repair more affordable.